Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Wake Up Slow

Yesterday morning Beardy and I made banana pancakes with some sweet plantains we found in the fridge and pancake batter we bought the other day when we bought stuff for scrapbooking and his last two breakfasts in the Philippines this year.


He was so cute, he kept saying "This smells so goood!!" My cute excited hungry chefbaby.





Nicely done :3




We LOVE these.

With chocolate powder and syrup eaten filipino style with fork and spoon!

Medium rare x well done

It was a really nice, slow day, something I actually didn't get much during the time where there was still a long way from his going home. I loved spending time with him like that, I felt present instead of hurried which is ironically how I felt when we still had weeks before him leaving.

It's naturally hard to keep myself from feeling sad sometimes, especially when I look down at his clothes scattered around my bedroom floor, knowing they won't be there anymore very soon. I love keeping a clean  room but I love feeling his presence in it as thick as possible more. I've always had a hard time with goodbyes, but I'm trying to remind myself that this isn't really one! I'm so lucky that it's 2012 and it's actually more like "See you on Skype tomorrow!"




No comments:

Post a Comment