Saturday, March 1, 2014

Four Zero

*cheese warning. if you are susceptible to vomiting due to overt displays of affection, avert your eyes*


Beardy and I have been in each others' lives for 40 months today. :)

I was having a little pop Disney marathon when I came across this song again. I always found it romantic before, but it was moving to listen to it now and realize it's become very true to me.

The context is different, but it still fits really well. John and Pochahontas are singing this to each other because of the possibility that their time will be cut short permanently whereas we deal with it yearly whenever we have to part, but like the song says, it's a fate that I'll always choose over not having known him at all.

...If I never knew you, I'd be safe but half as real
Never knowing I could feel a love so strong and true
I'm so grateful to you, I'd have lived my whole life through
Lost forever, if I never knew you...

...If I never knew you, I'd have lived my whole life through
Empty as the sky
Never knowing why
Lost forever, if I never knew you...

No comments:

Post a Comment