Monday, September 7, 2020

Misfit



 I wish I loved you, perfect shoe...

You're beautiful but on me you don't fit.

There's nothing like you, perfect shoe

But for you and my foot, this is it.


Whatever we cut, the toe or the heel,

the blood will show through the glass

Stay shiny and clean, wonderful shoe

Let me dirty my feet on the grass.


I can't keep you just to put you on a shelf

Your beauty is meant to be worn

By a lady who missed you, yet to be found

From whose perfectly-sized foot you were torn


I've danced with you on me, beautiful shoe

and we dazzled some innocent eyes

But to wear you I've strained, and I fear that you might

end up cracking for I'm the wrong size.


I love you, dear shoe, and to honor you true

I will keep loving you from afar.

You will be a great memory, beautiful shoe

No matter on whose foot you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment