Friday, August 24, 2012

I whipped up something random for lunch and now I want to eat it again




Our dear house helper has left us for greener pastures so for now we are left to fend for ourselves in this household. But for now it isn't so bad because it's actually a lot of fun to do housework with Emmy. It makes me think of the future, you know? Having the house for ourselves, having him help me do stuff, etc.

I really wanted to feed him real food because he only had a couple of brownies for breakfast, and some Mountain Dew, alcohol and chips while watching A Bit of Fry and Laurie. I was feeling lazy but there was absolutely nothing prepared and I sort of felt inspired to make the most out of the situation.

I ended up gathering the following:


  • a can of tuna in vegetable oil
  • a small packet of tomato sauce
  • a small palmful of capers
  • a small red onion
  • a small red bell pepper
The tomato sauce was kind of impulsive, I was just meaning to sautee the tuna with some onions and bell pepper to round it off, but it ended up pretty nice! Reminded me a bit of pizza, so I put some Italian seasoning too. And just a dash of pepper. Then I took some rice and cooked everything together. It ended up pretty nice! Kinda college food-y, but in a good way :) Probably healthy too, which is a good change!


No comments:

Post a Comment